Monday, September 27, 2004

Gee, you think?

Sec. Colin Powell has now admitted that the insurgency in Iraq is getting worse, not better (someone didn't get their talking points). Well I say 'No shit, Sherlock!' And it's a little late to be trying the anti-war stance. I used to at least respect Powell, but after he went in front of the UN Security Council with stuff everyone knew was bogus, I just can't look at him now. I thought I could forgive him his involvement in Iran-Contra, but there is no forgiveness for costing 1,000 American soldiers their lives in the quagmire that is Iraq. A side note: How is Powell even able to go off the reservation like this? Not two days after Allawi was here telling us everything is rosy, Powell is blurting out there is an elephant in the room. What gives? Has the fabled tight-lippedness (I'm allowed to make up words) of this Republican administration slipped? You know what they say, loose lips sink re-elections.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home