Friday, October 29, 2004

Another tape

Today Al-Jazzeera broadcast a tape that has been authenticated to be Osama bin Laden. I heard the tape for the first time while I was at a car dealership getting my oil changed and in the waiting room watching Fox News, so you canimagine my first reactions were muddled by the disgust I felt listening to conservatives say this proves Bush has done the job. I also happened to be sitting next to two old people whose SUV was festooned (that's the only word to describe it) with Bush and Wohlgemuth campaign material. Now, my favorite pasttime is to arge with Republicans, but I'm trying to be more civil as the election approaches, so I left the room as soon as they started talking about this latest "endorsement" for Kerry. After watching it and hearing it, I can only come to the conclusion that maybe bin Laden is tired of hiding. His plea to just leave so that they can leave us alone seems genuine to me. So I think we should kill him. I'm not being facetious. I mean we should just hunt him down and kill him. He's a bad guy with a warped sense of right and wrong based entirely on religious beliefs without care or concern for other people. The world would not be a better place with him in jail, it would be a better palce if he were in an unmarked grave in the middle of nowhere. Period. I also think this video shows that Bsuh has failed to get the job done. I left when those Republican talking heads on TV said the reason he sent a video is because he couldn't send a bomb. That's just bullshit. Bush's policies aren't working, that's why we haven't caught the anthrax mailer, or why we didn't find out for months about packages being sent around the country on commuter airlines by a kid. We're not safer. It all ties into the line that "we fight them over there so we don't have to fight them over here." This huge group of people are so stupid and voting for a guy based on this line, when the thing we should learn from this tape and from 9/11 is that these terrorists know how to get on a plane and affect everyone of our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home