Wednesday, October 20, 2004

BOR in the USA

A link to my debate impressions was put up on Burnt Orange Report last night. Yea for me! But since you people probably don't care so much about that I'll give this link to the Trib story on it.

In attacking his opponent about dairy cattle waste polluting the 97-mile-long North Bosque, Edwards criticized Wohlgemuth for a three-year-old memo attributed to her that proposed dogs and cats be banned from around Lake Waco and a barbed wire fence erected around the lake to protect it from pollution.

"You know, I've got to wonder — can you imagine just how many chihuahuas would it take to equal the manure production of one dairy herd," Edwards said [you read it here first].

State Rep. Jim Dunnam, D-Waco, says Wohlgemuth read the memo at an unofficial 2001 meeting concerning dairies along the watershed. Wohlgemuth insists she did not read the memo and state Rep. Sid Miller, R-Stephenville, has taken credit for writing and reading the memo.

Miller has said it was not intended to be introduced as a law but, rather, meant to drive home a point.

"The charge against the dogs and the fences is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard," Wohlgemuth said during Tuesday's debate. "It is untrue, and if my opponent would check the record, he would know that that was never a proposal of mine."

Nice to know I'm not the only one who liked the chihuahuas line.

This race is one of those really good examples of everybody saying everything to get elected. It makes me sad actually, that the most contentious arguments these two have is over cow shit in the drinking water and whether or not kids should have health insurance. You gotta love local politics.

At the same time, Wohlgemuth is just a pathetic hack. She's trying to run entirely on the fact she's a Republican and Texans are supposed to vote for Republicans. I don't think she's ever had an original thought in her oddly-shaped head. I could never, in good conscience, vote for someone to be a rubber stamp for a party, even if it were a Democrat. I'll say it again, she's pathetic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home