Sunday, October 31, 2004

Happy Halloween from the staff here at Movie Blog!

Halloween has to be my second favorite holiday (only Election Day beats it). All the little kids in costumes and all the candy, it's great. What's even better is that I get to indulge myself in all kinds of horror movies. For instance, I watched the craptacular Halloween III: Season of the Witch earlier. It's a Halloween movie, ut it has nothing to do with Michael Myers. They broke the cardinal rule of making a Halloween sequel, it has to either have Jamie Lee Curtis or Donald Pleasance. This one has a crazy, Irish (all Irish are crazy, but I might be biased because my family is Scottish) toy maker, a big rock from Stonehenge, Halloween masks that turn little kids' heads into the Orkin Man's worst nightmare and the most annoying jingle ever devised by man.

Three more days till Halloween, Halloween, Halloween! Three more days till Halloween, Halloween, Halloween! Three more days till Halloween, Halloween, Halloween! Three more days till Halloween, Silver Shamrock! Oompa, oompa, oompa!
God, if I ever want to drive someone insane, I'll just play a clip from that movie over and over again. I thought I might give you a quick list of my favorite horror movies that I'm going to be watching tonight.
  • Halloween 4: Arguably the best of the series. The first one is a little too serious for its breeches, I mean come on, it's a slasher movie not Shakespeare. Part 4 is campy enough to be a laugh riot, but creepy enough to get your girlfriend to cuddle with you in the dark.
  • Scream 2: Again, Part 1 is too serious, but part 2 is just right. Enough comic parody and enough history for the characters to really empathize with them. There is no crap about Sidney's mom, it's about Neve Campbell, which is the way God intended it.
  • Slashers: I haven't seen this but there were asian cheerleaders on the box I saw at Blockbuster. You can never go wrong with hot asian chicks.
  • Wes Craven's New Nightmare: This had what all Nightmare on Elm Street film's were really searching for, blurring the lines between reality and dreams.
  • Friday the 13th Part 6: Alice Cooper on the soundtrack. Nuff said.
That about wraps up what my night will entail. If you're lucky enough to live somewhere without a thunderstorm going on outside ruining your concentration, then go out trick or treating. If you're like me and you're stuck inside, you might as well hop in front of the 'ol boob tube and watch a horror crapfest on AMC.

1 Comments:

At 6:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - I really like your website. I have one on martial art symbol here is the link to it. Come visit it and let me know what you think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home