Sunday, October 24, 2004

Jon Stewart on "60 Minutes"

Jon Stewart is the best political journalist out there right now. I've written that before, but this is vindication, baby. I thought Stewart did a great job of representing his viewpoints on the failure in the mainstream media to do their job. My favorite part of the interview was when he brought up RatherGate. He said that this was hte only scandal in 4 years that got a Gate attached to it, what about the Iraq War which we did based on forged documents? What about Cheney's former company doing business with Iran? Are these not worthy of a Gate (transcript unavailable)? Even though it was taped before the Tucker Carlson dick flap (see, I told you I was going to use that from now on) they managed to edit in some of that appearance, but just the "I'm not your monkey" quote. Read the CBS News story online and watch the video. I will leave you with this little gem, 60 Minute's slogan: "May cause drowsiness."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home