Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Teresa is also at it again

I love this lady, if only because she really reminds me of Stockard Channing's version of the First Lady, Abby Bartlett, on the West Wing. In an interview with USA Today she said "Well, you know, I don't know Laura Bush. But she seems to be calm, and she has a sparkle in her eye, which is good. But I don't know that she's ever had a real job -- I mean, since she's been grown up." Which totally dismisses her time as a teacher and librarian. Quick side note, I hear that Laura is so anal that she arranged the library at the Ranch (I know, why do they have a library?) using the Dewey decimal system. Anyway, Teresa amended her statement, but the damage was already done. What pisses me off is that the Reuters story ends with

Heinz Kerry is no stranger to controversy. She has referred to a second Bush term as "four more years of hell" and told a reporter to "shove it."
First off, she did not tell a reporter to "shove it", she told the editor of a partisan rag who had been hounding her for weeks to "shove it." And second, I think we should once again mention the Cheney "fuck yourself" moment if we bring that up. And if we are going to talk about First Ladies and controversy, why not talk about Kitty Kelley's book where she alleges that Laura was the pot connection when she was a student at SMU? What happened to that journalistic balance?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home