Monday, October 18, 2004

Where's the outrage?

After all the bullshit I heard from Dick and Lynne Cheney this weekend about Kerry "outing" their openly lesbian daughter, I was a little surprised that I haven't heard anything all day about Alan Keyes' comments. To wit:

"If we do not know who the mother is, who the father is, without knowing all the brothers and sisters, incest becomes inevitable," Keyes told the Marquette Park rally held to oppose same-sex marriages.
I guess since he doesn't mention her by name this time, it doesn't bother them. What Keyes said about Mary Cheney:
After saying homosexuality is "selfish hedonism," Keyes was asked if that made Mary Cheney "a selfish hedonist." "Of course she is," Keyes replied. "That goes by definition." Liz Cheney, Mary's sister, refused to comment Wednesday during an interview on CNN. "I guess I'm surprised, frankly, that you would even repeat the quote, and I'm not going to dignify it with a comment," she told the interviewer.
But it's not "tawdry." What Kerry said:
We're all God's children, Bob. And I think if you were to talk to Dick Cheney's daughter, who is a lesbian, she would tell you that she's being who she was, she's being who she was born as. I think if you talk to anybody, it's not choice. I've met people who struggled with this for years, people who were in a marriage because they were living a sort of convention, and they struggled with it. And I've met wives who are supportive of their husbands or vice versa when they finally sort of broke out and allowed themselves to live who they were, who they felt God had made them. I think we have to respect that.
Hmmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home