Monday, November 01, 2004

Down Ballot, down!

One of these days I'm going to get a dog and name him Ballot just so I can say that. How big a geek am I? Now on to some down ballot races. I've got to admit that this is a little hurried and I'm not really going to cover all the big races, just the ones that matter to me. TX-22: Tom DeLay. I wish I could say all the money that has been spent on the part of third parties did their job, but I think that Houston conservatives want that kind of sick bastard to represent them, so he retains his seat. TX-32: I think Frost is going to upset Sessions by at least 3 points. I've just got a feeling on this one from what I've read though, it is a squeaker. TX-17: Chet is going to toast the Wohlgemonster by at least 6 points. No matter how many signs have her name on them right nder Bush-Cheney, Central Texas conservatives get tired of hearing how she is going to do whatever Bush tells her to do instead of actually represent her constituents. The CHIPs controversy hasn't played well for her either. I think she is not going to be able to ride on presidential coattails and go crying back to Burleson Wednesday morning. TX State 56: I hate to say it, but I think "Doc" Anderson is going to win. I really think it matters if turnout is high on the Democrat side, but this is a Republican-heavy district and Anderson has party ID on his side. TX State 57: Jim Dunnham, on the other hand, has the advantage of being a favored incumbent. I think he will win by 3 points. Illinois Senate race: Even if there is a freak blizzard in Chicago, The Mighty Obama will vanquish dingleberry of conservatism Alan Keyes by 50 points. He has no chance. Oklahoma senate race: Carson has a great shot, mostly for the same reasons Obama does. Coburn is a nutjob and I don't care how inbred the people of Oklahoma are, they know that crap about rampant lesbianism in Oklahoma is not true. Carson by 6 points. Alaska senate race: Not too knowledgable about this one, but I'm willing to concede its electoral votes will go to Bush. I do think Knowles will eek one out just from some activist intervention in these waning days. I also here that Murkowski has had trouble distinguishing herself from her dad, which has hurt her more than helped. Knowles by 2 points. I'm not even going to speculate on the Colorado senate race because that really is too close call in my opinion, though I don't mind saying I hope Pete Coors loses. I love those twins, but the man is just another whacko conservative. That's about it for races I'm really watching. If anyone has anything else they would like to add, feel free to add it in the comments section.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home