Sunday, December 26, 2004

Vinny, vidi, vici

Just for the record, I wanted the headline for the Cowboys-Redskins game to be different in tomorrow's Trib. As it stands now, it reads "Embattled Vinny gets last laugh." I wanted it to say "Vinny, vidi, vici." My headline is so much more clever, but it will probably never again be relevant for headline use. We could have added some culture to the lives of our readers, but Stevo doesn't think it would fly. I don't know if you noticed or not, but I don't use real names for anybody on here besides me. I don't care if people know my name or email address, but I would hate it if friends or relatives got profane emails just for knowing me. I don't think I ever mentioned it before, mostly because I try very hard to not put my friends into this. This site is about my beliefs and opinions so I'm the only one you should probably concern yourself with.

5 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Blogger E.D.Black said...

hey i am a new blogger and i saw some of your stuff. i liked it and its very opinated. i have a blog site why dont you check it out. www.edblack.blogspot.com

 
At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nate, your headline was much, much, much better.

As a former newspaper editor, I would have gone with it if I was at the Trib.

In 2000, when the Democratic candidate for Tax Assessor Collector won a surprise upset over the GOP incumbent, I ran banner headline in one of our four weeklies that read "Vicki Victorious," as a piss poor play on words a la "Victor Victoria." Obviously, the candidate's name was Vicki. Anyhoo, I was surprised how many people got the reference and thought it was neat.

Your fellow BOR guest poster,
Vince L.

 
At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://aiokyxxg.com/yurs/fadn.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://koagkccl.com/gbis/mnvz.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://aiokyxxg.com/yurs/fadn.html | http://uxauabzc.com/cpyr/wfvb.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home