Monday, January 24, 2005

All about the DLC, baby

I just want to link to this MyDD post about the history of the DLC. As you probably noticed, I'm no fan of the DLC. As a Deaniac, I'm actually kind of in an ideological war with them. They believe that Democrats should be more free to take positions more to the right than I would like in order to win elections. I believe being right is more important and will win you elections in the long run. I look at the DLC as RNC-lite most of the time. There are plenty of examples of DLC-types trying to do what's best. I'm not going to get into some kind of demagoguery over it. But they waged war with Howard Dean because they felt he was too left and they backed Kerry, the safe candidate. Well, the safe cadidate didn't win, again. And we Deaniacs are tired of losing. We're going to take over things and do them our way now. With McCain-Feingold, the DLC fundraisers are going to be a thing of the past and the netroots Dean fundraising will be our bread and butter. So, it doesn't really matter what differences I have with the DLC. Pretty soon, they are going to be irrelevant anyway.

3 Comments:

At 3:43 AM, Blogger Joe Langer said...

Hi N e,

I see you share my interest in ebook delivery. Your input would mean a lot to me. If you would be so kind to visit my site and give me your feedback, I would most appreciate it.

Thanks

 
At 4:03 AM, Blogger Joe Langer said...

Hello N e,

I am based in the UK and I stumbled across your post " this post ".
I'm quite keen on finding any useful information on expiring download link. I found some good stuuf on expiring download link but I wondered whether you may have any advice on the best resources out there.

Thanks in advance.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Ebook Manic said...

Hello N e,

I am based in the UK and I stumbled across your post " this post ".
I'm quite keen on finding any useful information on automated delivery. I found some good stuuf on automated delivery but I wondered whether you may have any advice on the best resources out there.

Thanks in advance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home