Monday, January 17, 2005

Haven't we been here before?

Even during the campaign, we knda acknowledged that Iran had always posed a higher threat than Iraq, but this just gave me the weirdest sense of deja vu. I mean one minute we all sort of agree that Iran is a bad guy and we would be better off without it the way it is. The next minute Bush is on TV telling us we can't rule out military action against them, but

"I hope we can solve it diplomatically, but I will never take any option off the table," Bush said in an interview with NBC News when asked if he would rule out the potential for military action against Iran "if it continues to stonewall the international community about the existence of its nuclear weapons program."
I mean, didn't we just do this? He can't take options off the table? Sure he can, especially since we don't have an army to do anything about it right now. Wise men say that you don't know where you're going until you know where you've been. I don't know if it is because of his short attention span, but we've already been here and it didn't go too well the first time. Why we would try it again, I can't possibly fathom. Besides, I think there is a limit to the number of wars you can start during your presidency. We've already started a war on terror and a war in Iraq on his watch, another one in Iran would be pushing it. I'm still kinda in shock that I see this pop up out of nowhere. It's just so eerie, because I remember how the Iraq war started (I'm apparently one of the few who remembers all of that) and this is how it happened. Bush said he couldn't take military action off the table, especially if they wouldn't let inspectors in. We gotta do better this time guys. We know the cost is too high to make the same mistakes again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home