Friday, January 28, 2005

United we stand

I saw on C-SPAN2 when I was leaving for work that the Democratic Policy Committee held hearings today on Social Security and the long-term health of the system. What I watched showed a very united Democratic party intent on preserving one of the cornerstones of American retirement savings. Needless to say, I was very happy about that. I'm obviously not watching it now, but I am DVRing it and I'll parse some of the testimony later on in the morning or something. I'm interested in seeing how the guy from the CATO Institute is going to be in enemy territory. I bet he's going to be trying to pass off "personal accounts" even though everyone else, including Mr. Alpfe the guy who was head of the SSA from 1997-2001, is using the phrases "privatization" and "private accounts."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home