Sunday, February 06, 2005

Can you believe it?

Here it is, Super Bowl Sunday, and I'm at work. Granted, I work at the sports desk of the local paper and I'm not missing it or anything, but still. Principles and whatnot. The one saving grace is that every other sport has already finished today so they can watch the Super Bowl, too. I'll be finished with everything but the agate for the game by halftime. That means goofing off and blogging. Not really, but it could mean that. I have no financial stake in today's outcome, but I am hoping that the Pats pull off another win. If I can't have my Cowboys at the game, then New England is the next best thing. I inadvertantly took yesterday off from writing. I went with friends to the opening of the new Cheddars restaurant. That place is very chic. It made us feel like we were in some hip metropolitan city, like Dallas or San Antonio. The food was excellent, it was the best Philly Cheesesteak sandwich I ever had (and I'm aware that they are from Philadelphia, the same as the Eagles). I also had a great glass of Chivas scotch. It was exactly 12-years-old, and it was smooth. Never drink anything less than 12 people. By the time I got home, I wanted to watch my Nero Wolfe mysteries and Sherlock Holmes mysteries, which I DVRed. By the time I was done with that, I wanted to finish reading a book I started last Sunday but hadn't gotten around to all week. In the Best Families by Rex Stout, if you're interested. I've also been kicking a few ideas around in my head. One on how to beat the Republicans at the Social Security debate and the other about the next governor of Texas. I also decided last night that I could be an Olympic athlete. The bookmark I was using was a quote from Jonathon Swift: "Live everyday of your life". So I decided that I am now in training to compete in the 2012 Olympics in fencing. My first step is getting over my largesse and into shape, then joining the local fencing club and training. Then I'll compete as often as possible in my spare time and work my way up to the Olympics. I have excellent reflexes and I think if I put my mind to it, it won't be that hard. I might as well try anyway. As I read tonight, I'll produce more commentary, so don't you fret none.

1 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Blogger Chuck said...

This has to be one of the best days of the year for you. At least you have your health.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home