Monday, February 28, 2005

Damnit Joe, that's the last straw

I think I've finally tired of Joementum and his constant "deal-making" and screwing us over. I'm not the only one, either. In what looked to be a DOA phase-out scheme, Joe will breathe new life into it by offering to make a deal with Lindsey Graham. That means privatization is still on the board and if any Democrats follow Lieberman, we'll be totally screwed. The only thing we had going for us, being the minority party and all, was that we had party unity on our side. We could have fillibustered if we had to, and we had enough people to keep the Republicans from ending it. But, Lieberman, acting on his own, will find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by bucking his party to work some deal we don't need with the GOP. I know there are some Joe supporters out there, I want to know how you can possibly suffer through this silently? I don't care if his record more liberal or moderate or whatever, than people give him credit for. He's fucking us over for God knows what reason. We were winning the fight to save Social Security, and Joe has changed the dynamic in the Republicans favor. I'm all about having a big tent and having pro-life Democrats and fiscal conservatives in the party. But I seriously think it's time that we dound a primary challenger to oust Lieberman. The way I see it, the worst that happens is we lose his seat and end up with someone who would vote Social Security phase-out. Only that person wouldn't be sitting and smiling in Democratic caucus meetings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home