Thursday, February 03, 2005

I didn't think it was possible

I didn't think it was possible, but Bush actually took a bad idea and made it worse with his proposed privatization scheme. I don't see any Republicans in seats that will be in play coming to defend this. And no Democrat is really looking at it seriously. I mean, $4.5 trillion to cover a shortfall of $3.5 trillion and you still get your benefits cut by 30% or more when you retire. Fuck voodoo, this is just bat-shit insane economics. So I still have to wonder why the hell Bush and the Gang are still going full-steam ahead with this. Is he that full of himself and hubris that he thinks that the popular will of the people don't matter in a democracy? Or that he's supposed to make the economy better? I don't get it. Jesse's written some stuff on the plan and the comments are funny and snarky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home