Thursday, February 24, 2005

Let's go to the video

I wanted to do a separate post for the video of the Santorum meeting. MoveOn is running the clip along with a campaign to get people to write letters to the editor of their local newspapers. Here is the link that I received. You can write a letter to one of my local papers (I'm prohibited from writing to the Trib, you know, since I work there), or one of the national papers listed. I encourage you to do so because it is important for people to know that what is at stake is not whether they get money from the stock market or from the government, it's whether they have security in old age or not. Conservatives want it to be just like it was in the 1930s when so retiring meant becoming poor. It meant being a burden on your family and it meant an undignified death for some. Social Security has virtually eliminated that and conservatives want to take it away from us. We can't let them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home