Friday, February 11, 2005

Look what happens

I decide to take a little time off from blogging here and look what happens. North Korea has declared it has nuclear weapons, the president's poll numbers are down, the whole Gannon/Guckert thing comes to a head (no pun intended) with Scott McClellan admitting that he knew "Jeff Gannon" was not his real name but he called him "Jeff" anyway and the mayor of Waco is dead. This really proves that you cannot close your eyes for one minute. I was saddened to learn of Mayor Mae Jackson's death today. She was Waco's first popularly elected black mayor and she was a reformer with results. Though our city council system makes it an almost powerless position, she used her office to fight for better water quality downstream from large-scale dairy farmers. She was a nice lady who will be sorely missed. Arthur Miller died today, too. I'm wondering who the other two celebrities will be. They aways die in threes. I know it's bad to say, but I'm kinda hoping Paris Hilton is on that list. The North Koreans... what to say about them. Little Kim is one crazy mother and I don't think they would shy away from using them if they felt they had to. Somehow, putting them on a list where we've already invaded one of the countries and put boots on the ground to gather intelligence on another doesn't help. That list was three countries long and two are at least semi-engaged in. They gotta be wondering if they are next. In this kind of position, I would probably cave and go into bilateral negotiations. If the chief worry against doing that is that that's exactly what they want, them I say give it to them. They have nuclear weapons! They kinda get to ask for things now. Our job should be to do everything possible to get those weapons into our hands. The Press Secretary all but admitted complicity in some elaborate charade with Guckert. If you lay out the facts about a story and it sounds like some whackjob conspiracy theory, then maybe, just maybe, it's a conspiracy. I'm almost positive that Sen. Lautenberg is going to start an inquiry into this, but with the news cycle jumping back and forth between our train wreck of a foreign policy and the train wreck Bush wants to make of our domestic policy, I don't think this is going to get as much play as Lautenberg wants or that it indeed should get. My writing energies are being to put to other uses lately. Like I said, I think you'll like what I've been working on. It's not exactly new, but it will be in a field by itself. I can't wait to tell you more about it, but that will have to wait. I'll keep writing here every now and again, but most of my stuff will be over at Burnt Orange Report or Texas Blogs, or maybe even Poltical State Report. See you when I see you.

1 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you posting again Nate. I have been visiting your page and haven't seen you on lately. Love You, Aunt Sis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home