Wednesday, February 23, 2005

So little time

It sometimes takes me weeks or months to get around to doing things. My job and the hours it requires make it nearly impossible to do anything unless it is on a day off, which usually means Saturday, which usually means I have to wait several weeks for a weekday off. Even blogging is hampstringed by my job. Last night, I wanted talk about Chris Bell and the upcoming gubernatorial race, but I got swamped with calls from people who wanted to know the same 5 basketball scores for 3 hours. My page was almost off the floor after deadline and I didn't even leave the newsroom until 1 a.m. I'm not doing much socially, either. There have been a few movies to come out in recent months that I wanted to see but couldn't because I didn't have the time or because I was tired and wanted to spend my day off catching up on my sleep. About the only thing I have planned is a baby shower for a friend from high school. That's kind of sad. A really interesting development. While I was writing this, I've gotten at least 5 calls asking why the Baylor Women's basketball game isn't on Time Warner channel 15. Now, maybe it's because I'm part of the liberal media conspiracy, but I really don't understand why you would call a newspaper to find out why the cable company isn't showing a basketball game. I would call the cable company. But that's they kind of thing I have to work with here. I just needed to get all that off my chest. I don't bitch about my life enough (there isn't that much reason to) so I just had to get it out of the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home