Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Tuesday's with Tucker Carlson: To the brink of obscurity

I haven't done one of these in a while, and now seems like it would be appropriate. I see on TVNewser that Tucker's new show on MSNBC could still be month's away, which is sort of bumming me out. He's made a few appearances lately. His appearance on Real Time with Bill Maher was really good. He was on a panel with Tim Robbins and Rep. Stephanie Tubbs-Jones, and he made a better case. In fact, the two conservatives were more appealing than all the liberals on the show. That's not an easy thing to say for me. But Bill and his other guests seemed to really be reaching for something and just not finding it with their answers and his questions. Tucker was more libertarian and more consistent with his. For instance, Tubbs-Jones said she was OK with Arab men not shaking her hand because of tolerance to their culture, but she drew the line at "bee-keeper suits" and driving priveleges. Tucker was more consistent, drawing the line at intolerance of any kind. I suspect that it had more to do with the subjects being discussed than Tucker being the more sensible person. If Gannon/Guckert had been discussed that week, we probably would have seen him reaching for "Democrats being intolerant of gay people" or some such nonsense. Or if we had been talking about the bankruptcy bill and some of those provisions like they probably will this week. And all I really have to do is think back to the campaign and remember "Jacuzzi cases." That bullshit is enough to hate Bow Tie Boy for a lifetime. Regardless, i'm still going to DVR his show and make it a regular part of my viewing. Hardball has become too tedious for me and I hardly ever watch it anymore, so it will be good to have something besides Countdown to watch every night. And it will give me more regular material to discuss in these columns.

11 Comments:

At 5:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with Search Engine Optimization?
I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm
not seeing very good results. If you know of any please share.
Thanks!

Here is my web blog: Aimbot

 
At 2:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Informative article, exactly what I needed.

Also visit my website; hacking software

 
At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Appreciate the recommendation. Let me try it out.


my web blog: youtube hits

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your
blog and in accession capital to assert that I get actually enjoyed account your blog posts.
Any way I will be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently rapidly.


Review my site - Free Virtapay

 
At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woah! I'm really enjoying the template/theme of this site. It's simple, yet effective.

A lot of times it's tough to get that "perfect balance" between superb usability and appearance. I must say you have done a excellent job with this. In addition, the blog loads extremely fast for me on Opera. Superb Blog!

Feel free to surf to my site - castleville

 
At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I do believe your site may be having internet browser compatibility issues.
When I look at your website in Safari, it looks fine however, when opening
in I.E., it has some overlapping issues. I just wanted to give you
a quick heads up! Other than that, great website!

Also visit my blog post castleville cheats

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Impressive article dude! Thanks, However
I am encountering problems with your RSS. I don't understand the reason why I am unable to subscribe to it. Is there anybody else having the same RSS issues? Anybody who knows the answer will you kindly respond? Thanks!!

Here is my webpage Auto Click PTC Sites

 
At 3:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am regular visitor, how are you everybody?
This article posted at this web page is truly nice.

Here is my page - password hack

 
At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I enjoy reading through your post. I like to write a little comment to support you.


Here is my weblog download miscrits

 
At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made some really good points there. I looked on the net for
more information about the issue and found most people will go along with your views on
this website.

Here is my site :: CastleVille cheats

 
At 6:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed studying this, very good stuff, regards . "Nothing happens to any thing which that thing is not made by nature to bear." by Marcus Aurelius Antoninus.


Here is my site :: Psn Code generator

 

Post a Comment

<< Home